The myGrid team produce and use a suite of tools designed to “help e-Scientists get on with science and get on with scientists”. The tools support the creation of e-laboratories and have been used in domains as diverse as systems biology, social science, music, astronomy, multimedia and chemistry. The tools have been adopted by a large number of projects and institutions.
These tools form the basis for the team’s work on e-Labs.
Taverna Workbench 2.4.0 available for download
Taverna 2.4.0′s features include:
- Access to local and remote resources and analysis tools, Web and grid services; 3500+ service s available on start up
- Support for calling tools/scripts on local or remote machines as part of a workflow
- Not restricted to predetermined services – rapid incorporation of new services without coding
- Extensible service plug-in architecture for adding new service types
- Up-to-date R support
- Excel and csv spreadsheet support
- Secure access to resources on the Web
- Packaging of services to allow for customisation and sharing of service sets (e.g. “Taverna for chemists”)
- Standards-compliant provenance collection
- Graphical workflow designer – drag and drop workflow components
- Workflow validation during design time and intermediate values during workflow runs for debugging workflows
- Cross platform (written in Java), open source, LGPL licensed
- See the full list of Taverna’s features
Other Taverna versions
For information about Taverna 2.3, please visit the Taverna website.