The myGrid researchers at the University of Manchester provide much of the more theoretical basis for the work of the myGrid team. In addition, their work is greatly influenced by the practical experience of the Core myGrid Team.
- Professor Norman Paton provides expertise in databases, adaptive query processing and also on data integration for systems biology
- Professor Ulrike Sattler has experience in ontologies, reasoning and the application of ontologies to domains
- Robert Stevens works on controlled vocabularies, ontologies for domains and also on annotation interfaces
- Suzanne Embury works on database and service semantics and has examined the inferrence of service annotations from workflows
- Khalid Belhajjame works on service and workflow annotation and on workflow validation